14th International Conference
on Cochlear Implants
May 11-14, 2016
Sponsors: American Cochlear Implant Alliance and University of Toronto
Scientific Program Chairs: Dr. Julian Nedselski, Dr. Joseph Chen
- Michael Dorman PhD: " The Sound of a Cochlear Implant: Insights form Studies of Patients with Single Sided Deafness"
- Steve Lomber PhD: "Auditory Cortex Plasticity Following Deafness and Cochlear Implantation"
- Sandra Black MD: "Linking Dementia and Deafness: Challenges and Opportunities"
- Charles Limb MD: "Music for Deaf Ears: Cochlear Implant - Mediated Perception of Music"
- Warren Estabrooks LSLS Cert AVT: Listening for Life: Rehabilitation for Adults Following Cochlear Implantation"
Click HERE to download the CI2016 Program.
Abstracts from Podium and Poster presentations are available using the links below. Abstracts are ordered by session.
Poster Session A Abstracts, Thursday May 12
Poster Session B Abstracts, Friday May 13
To view powerpoint presentations on the following topics explored during the conference, please use the links below.
Basic Science Symposium Theme: "Cochlear Implants Meet Regenerative Biology"
Organizer and Moderator: Alain Dabdoub, PhD
Presenters and Topics:
- Charles Liberman PhD: "Cochlear neuropathy in noise-induced and age-related hearing loss: regenerating synaptic connections with neurotrophins"
- Gary Housley PhD: "Advanced pre-clinical studies and initial clinical trial on cochlear implant-based neurotrophin gene therapy"
- Tobias Moser PhD: "Improving frequency resolution of sound encoding using optogenetic stimulation of the auditory system"
- Marcelo Rivolta PhD: "Development of models to study cochlear implantation in conjunction with stem cells: a regenerative strategy"
- Alain Dabdoub PhD: "Regenerating auditory neurons using gene therapy to directly reprogram resident glial cells"
To view our CI2016 Photo Gallery please click HERE.